Thursday, January 24, 2008

What a Waste

I was thinking today, (as I often do) and I was thinking of people that are talented. I believe that before we are even born, God has a specific plan for our lives. He has specific talents that He gives to each of us. And these talents are for the work and evolving of that plan. And just like the parable of the three men whose lord gave them the talents, we are to take those talents and plant them and let them grow into something more. We shouldn't be like the unwise servant and bury it and smother it where it doesn't produce anything. And then there are those, who do take their talent and cultivate it, but use it to fulfill their own desires instead of what God intended it for. As I was reading the story of the actor, Heath Ledger, being found dead on a possible overdose of pills, I was thinking of him and others like him who have wasted the talent God gave them. Maybe you don't think acting is a talent given to someone by God. I believe all talent comes from God. It's what you do with it that makes it ungodly. Look at Mariah Carey and her five octave voice. Not everyone has that type of talent. But she isn't using it for the purpose God intended. And then I look around at church and school and think, "There is so much talent that hasn't even been tapped into yet!" And to be perfectly honest with you, even in my own life, I have yet to tap into all that the Lord has put in me. But I'm trying. Because I am tired of living beneath my potential!! Which is something else all together that has been on my mind! Maybe later we'll discuss it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so true! I am trying to push myself to be more, as well. It is very hard to get out of my comfort zone. But, I know I can do it!

Music Eloquence said...

You're thinking good. =) I believe we are getting ready to see some incredible talents spring up in our church... and I want to be always "pressing", always giving my best and furthering my talents for Him.

Man, this gets me thinking (rambling).. ladies prayer was incredible Monday. Afterwards we all came to the front and began talking about what we feel is getting ready to take place in our church. I feel like we're on the brink of something huge. Its exciting!! I'm glad we're in it together. (sorry for kinda going off the subject.. im just excited)