Thursday, June 19, 2008

Info Overload!

Before I start telling all my updates, I want everyone to go check out a very dear friend of mine's blog, if you haven't all ready. It's thegolden2.blogspot.com. Shane and Rachel was and are a vital part of our church. And although we miss them very much, God is using them mightily! They went out this past weekend and got 19 bible studies!! How awesome is that?! Please be sure to keep them in your prayers. And pray that God continues to strengthen them in this time of harvest!

So, update #1. We are doing the bible study tonight with Ken's mom and dad!! I am so excited! It's been a few weeks, due to his getting a new job that keeps him out of town on some nights. But we are definitely having it tonight. Please keep praying. God just keeps revealing himself to them more and more.

Update #2. We have our horse home now. She still isn't fully broke, but she's getting there. And to top all that off, Ken's dad bought us another horse that is broken and registered! But she isn't here yet. I'll post pictures as soon as I can. You know when we got the first horse, I was very apprehensive about how we were going to feed her, etc. But God has just provided and we haven't had to hardly buy a thing for her! He is so good!

Update #3. Legends and Lies. Very good book. I'm still not finished. Not because it's a big book. I have just been extremely busy! Here's an example. Saturday, we did June Bug Day with the Koehoorn's, which was a blast. I'll tell you more in a minute. Sunday, church and Father's Day. Monday, Ladies' prayer, Tuesday, church in the new building, YEAH, Wednesday, praise singer practice for ARC, Thursday, BIBLE STUDY!!, Friday, fellowship with some friends. Then we get to start all over!! I'm not complaining. It's a good busy!! So reading isn't on the top of my priority list! But, I did find out, it was Jesse James in his grave. Bob Ford really did kill him. Frank James' wife had brought a pair of Jesse's boots and ask that the man saying he was Jesse James, try them on. See Jesse had a small foot. A size 7. This J. Frank Dalton, no relation to the Dalton Gang, wore a size 9. But to this day, people still claim he was Jesse James. But after hearing all of the evidence about Billy the Kid, evidence has shown that Brushy "Bill" Roberts was Billy the Kid. And Pat Garrett did not kill him on the night of July 14, 1881. The test they did was 97% positive! But why did Pat Garrett lie about it? Why would he take the chance of Billy showing up again and making a fool out of him? Nevertheless, on the day he went to meet Governor Mabry, to be pardoned of his crimes, it had turned into a real media circus and he would not admit to killing anyone and suffered a stroke from all the stress. This led people, including the media and Governor Mabry, to believe he was a fake. But after he suffered a fatal heart attack and died on December 27, 1950 at the age of 91, the test had proven, that he really possibly was Billy the Kid.

Update #whatever. As I mentioned earlier, the Community Development outreach team (we really need a different name) went to help the Power of an Hour team at June Bug Day this past Saturday. We had a great time. We did crafts with the kids. We painted sailboats, bears, hearts, fish, angels, etc. And we made butterflies with tissue paper, and we colored posters! The puppets were awesome! They always do a great job. We had a beanbag toss and dart throw. The Koehoorn's will be posting about it more soon. So while I was there, during a down time, I starting coloring one of the posters. Haven't got it finished yet either. But when I do, I'm going to auction it off to the highest bidder to raise money for the outreach team. I mean it is a one of a kind! Anyway. As I was coloring I was thinking about the lines, the boundaries. They are there for a reason. If you just focus on the line, that's what it looks like, just a line. But when you focus on the whole thing, it makes a picture. And without that line, you would just have an empty space. And if you get to close or are not careful, you're going to go out of the lines and mess up. And you might be able to color over it, but that mistake is still there. And if you get in too big of a hurry to just get it done, it's not going to be right. You'll just have a big mess. And instead of looking at the big picture and saying "This is to big, I can't do it!" If you will just take one little section at a time and work on that, then eventually you will start to see the picture come together the way it's supposed to. Take your time, do it neatly, and don't get in a hurry. But be diligent. Don't give up. And be careful with the lines. They are there for a reason. But if you do accidentally mess up, just keep going, don't just quit and throw it away. Because in the end, when the picture is done, you can look back and see all the hard work you put into it. And you can say, "I messed up in a few places, but I fixed it and kept going. Now see how beautiful it is." Well, there's my lesson on coloring. Hope you got as much out of it as I did.

And for now, "That's All Folks!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis. Holly...
I was THRILLED to learn that you and your husband are doing bible study with your in-laws - It brought tears to my eyes! Thanks for sharing ~ you made my day.
Love ya!

Music Eloquence said...

Whew! I'm tired just listening to your busy schedule... it really is fun though isn't it? I am so thrilled about your in-laws. I'll keep praying. Hey your last comment about staying in the lines was awesome. If you haven't already, you've got to read Bro.Larry Booker's book, What a Difference a Line Can Make. It is along those same lines and it deals with church standards. Its awesome.

Livin' with the North in the South said...

I agree the Golden's are vital to our church and to revival everywhere they go. I pray God bless them mightily!

And please hurry and finish that book so I can borrow it. We love you guys and thank you for being such awesome friends!

Oh and by the way... The lines statement was great! I think I am going to get Brother Booker's book too because it sounds like a great read. Hey say that three times really fast.

The Unknown Artis said...

Sis. Rachel we have been doing the bible study for a couple of months now. It is an absolute miracle that we are. His dad was so hard and didn't want anything to do with "religion". Some very horrible things had to happen for him to get the door open, but sometimes that's what it takes. God is definetly moving in this bible study and we are going to see them filled with the Holy Ghost before the year is over! Love you lots!

Sis. Von, that's funny, your schedule is about like mine and you have a baby too! But yes it is fun. I wouldn't have any other way. And no I haven't ever read Bro. Booker's book. I've never even heard of it. God was just speaking to me about that as I sat and colored that picture. How cool is that! I'm going to get it and read it! Love you.

Sis. Bridget, I'm afraid I can't let you borrow this book. It's the library's. And I believe I could buy the library with all the late charges I would have to pay as long you take to "borrow" a book!! HAHAHA! Just kidding. Love ya.