Monday, June 2, 2008

Talladega Here We ...Went!!


A few weeks ago my mom's company did their annual picnic at the Talladega Super Speedway. Now I don't know how many of you know this, but my husband loves Nascar. Not as much as he used to, but he still loves it. He has always been a huge Dale Earnhardt fan. At one time, (BC) he had a little shrine set up of all his Earnhardt stuff. Well it really wasn't a shrine, he just had my living room decorated with all of it! It is now stored in a box, thank God! So you can imagine how excited he was when my mom said the employees get to bring their families along. And you could win a ride around the race track at 180 mph or get to drive a race car. Although he didn't win either one, we still had a great time. The track was only open to DeltaCom employees and their families. The main activities were set up in the garage where they keep the race cars. We got to go in Victory Lane and walked behind Pit Road. We watched the cars flying around the track and heard them for sure! They had someone drawing caricatures, ours is hilarious! They served Dreamland Barbecue for lunch, had an arcade set up, all sorts of stuff for kids, go carts etc. All for free. They gave away t-shirts, flip flops, chairs, hats, sun visors, and I can't remember what all. We had a blast! So now I can say I have been to a race track!! Oh yeah, we also got to visit the Motor Sports Hall of Fame for free also. My husband took a picture of every race car there almost. I'm not kidding. He just about used all of my memory on my card! He would stand back and take a picture of the whole car, then get up close and take a picture of the name on the car. I'll post a few so you can see. He also got to get his picture with Dale Earnhardt's car. He was in hog heaven!!





















No comments: