Saturday, August 30, 2008

We're In!!

Well finally we are in our new house! Our first night was last Friday. But I have to be honest with you. It has been very trying. We kind of had to move in with all of the stuff that was already in the house. And if you'll remember from the pictures, there is a lot of stuff in that house. So it is a little frustrating trying to find somewhere to put your stuff when all the nooks and crannies are full. But the good news is, that the family has been here this weekend cleaning stuff out. Yeah! I can't tell you how ready I am for it be "my house". Because it's definetly hard to feel like it's yours, when you are living with someone else's stuff. And I have a little confession. You know they say confession is good for the soul. I tore some wallpaper off before the family got there. I didn't mean to. It was torn back some and I just wanted to test it to see how hard it was going to be. Before I knew it, I had the whole wall done. I have been hoping noone noticed it. But if it's mine, what should it matter? Right? Anyway. It hasn't been all that bad really. This morning I was up early, and I took my coffee and sat on the front porch swing, read my Bible, watched the horses running and the Hummingbirds come to the feeder. There was no traffic out yet and it was absolutely wonderful! I'm so glad that no matter where I am, God's presence is always with me. It was so nice to meditate on His word in the quiet, and sit and enjoy His marvelous Creation! And to me, that is the biggest blessing! So throughout the day, as I found myself feeling frustrated, I would find my way out to the porch swing, where the Hummingbirds are flying and the horses are doing their laps, or rolling in the grass scratching their back, and I would feel at peace again. So that's all for now. Soon I will be doing before and after photos. Because I am ready to rip some more wallpaper! Haha.

5 comments:

~Kimberly~ said...

Congratulations!! We are looking forward to seeing all the changes.

Don't ya just love sitting out on the front porch and sittin', readin' and sippin' a while...God is soooo GOOD!

Love you~Kimi

AnthonyAlex said...

sounds exciting!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's fun making a new home "yours"..
Love ya ~

Michelle O said...

I am very happy for you.
When is the big housewarming party?

MO

The Unknown Artis said...

I don't know. When are you giving me one?! LOL