Monday, February 11, 2008

Breaking News!

I have some great news I am very excited about and a little nervous about to. We are about to begin a Bible study with my husband's dad and possibly his mom, also! Now naturally I know this is exciting to you too, but until you know all the details, you have no way of knowing exactly how exciting it is! So let me tell you. Ken's dad served in Vietnam. He did four tours. He has received two purple hearts, a bronze star, and some sort of Congressional Medal of Honor, and too many other awards that I can't remember. Needless to say, he went through a lot to get those. So as you can imagine, he has suffered a great deal with this. Over the last few months, there has been a lot of turmoil in the family that has just built up over time. I won't go into detail at this time, but it has been very stressful for everyone involved. Well, his dad was here for supper a few nights ago, and my husband told him that he would never find peace in his life without God. That no matter how hard they tried to "de-program" him, only God could change his life. So that led to other things, and finally he told my husband that someone once told him that he could never be forgiven for all the lives he took in the war. He said some "preachers" had told him he could, but could never show him the scriptures to prove it! My husband then asked if he could show him, would he be interested in going a little further and doing a whole bible study. He said he would love it! Now, a couple of months or more ago, Bro. Hollander was preaching and he gave out some keys. They were keys to ministries!! He gave us the key to an Ananias ministry. I have to be completely honest with you. The whole time he was talking, I was scared to death!! I was thinking it was Ananias and Saphira!! The ones who God killed because they had lied to the Holy Ghost!! Talking about doing some soul searching!! Well, so I came home and looked it up and it was the Ananias that Saul (later to be Paul) went to after the Lord struck him blind for persecuting His church! (Boy, was I relieved!!) Anyway, after relaying the message to Bro. Hollander, he explained that there would be a person that we would teach a bible study to, that would become a Paul! And that we would know it when the time came! So what if this is our Paul?! Paul was known for having the saints of God killed. The Bible even talks about him being there when Stephen was stoned. A perfect example of God's mercy and forgiveness! So please just pray that God gives us the words to say. We need his complete guidance in this situation. But I will be sure to keep you updated!!

3 comments:

~Kimberly~ said...

Wow!! What a tremendous breakthrough! God will give you both the words and wisdom for this journey. We will be praying and looking forward to receiving your good report.

How AWESOME! God's going to do it!

The Unknown Artis said...

I absolutely believe it!!

Music Eloquence said...

This is great news. I will be praying for you all.