Saturday, February 9, 2008

Breaking out of the box!

Hi everyone!! Guess you figured I had given up on the blogging! I haven't. I've just been so busy I haven't had time to sit down and write. But oh, have things been great! Except for my little boy has the flu! That has not been great. It went from no symptoms to five minutes later, "Mom, I have a headache" to a few hours later a 102 temperature! But the doctor said since we caught it within the first 24 hours the medicine would be more likely to work. Just pray noone else in our family gets it. Because I don't have time to be sick!! Which brings me back to the great things I mentioned! In my earlier post, I mentioned how sometimes God puts things in us that we tend to leave hidden in our heart for fear of getting out of our comfort zone. We let what others may say or think rule our actions. "What if people think I'm crazy? What will they say about me? I will be the laughing stock of our whole church, school, job etc." Sound familiar? And I will be the first to admit that I have done this. Well, I am in the process of breaking out of this! I am in the process of not caring what you think!! Don't get me wrong, I want you to like me, I want you to be my friend, but I am "called according to His purpose"! Now I have to tell you, it hasn't been easy. For instance, I have played the piano for a couple of years now. I absolutely struggle with this, because it doesn't sound like I want it to. I hear the way it should sound and the way others play it and I want it to sound like that. But I don't know how to get there! So I get frustrated. And then I don't want to play, because I think everyone else thinks it's bad too. Although, I have many people compliment it. Well, since God has been dealing with me about some things, (this being one of them) I have decided that I will play the only way that I know how and do it unto the Lord. I will do it in worship and thank God for giving me the talent and the ability to do it! Then our music minister (whom I tend to depend on completely!) says, "Oh yeah, you know you will be doing all the playing while I'm gone to California, right?" I'll be honest, my first reaction was panic!! Then, I remembered, "It's not about me, I'm doing it unto the Lord." Now thankfully, Sis. Natalie is helping out with the playing on some of the services, and she is so awesome! But what would have happened if I had just climbed back in my shell and said, "There is no way I can do this! I'm not good enough!"? That's like saying, "God, I know you called me to do this, but this talent you gave me is not good enough. It doesn't work right. You will just have to get somebody else." God will equip you with the things you need to fulfill your calling! You are good enough or He wouldn't have called you to do it!! A friend of mine has told me that she is about to have her book published!! I am so excited for her! She is finally breaking out and letting God use her in a different way! Don't be afraid to let Him carry you down different avenues. Just know that He is in control! Oh and by the way, so far the services have been awesome! I can't wait to see what God has in store for me next!

2 comments:

~Kimberly~ said...

Yes!! I'm so glad to hear to say that. WE do need to break out of the little tineeee-weenie, itsy-bitsy box we sometimes allow ourselves to get into. And we smother there, don't we? Coming out is so awesome!!

And by the way...you did a great job this past weekend. I like how you've come out of your box. Your music unto the Lord sounded wonderful. Love ya!

The Unknown Artis said...

Thanks Sis. Kimi! And God confirmed what I have been feeling. The man of God let me know Sunday night that I needed to buckle up and get ready for a ride because God was about to do some awesome things through me! I can't wait! LET IT BE UNTO ME, LORD JESUS!