Saturday, February 9, 2008

Old Time Radio

Do you remember when families would gather around the radio for a show, instead of a television. When you would have to use your imagination, instead of your sight, to see what was happening? Well, I had never had that pleasure until I got a satallite radio. I love the classic radio shows like Gunsmoke and the Lone Ranger! My boys love them too! It's the best when you have a road trip and you can just sit back and listen to the Burns and Allen show or Fibber McGee and Molly! They are hilarious. And in this day and age it's good to find something that's clean and decent that you can listen to! So anyway, this isn't advertisement for it or anything but I posted a link on my blog here where you can listen for free. It's different everyday, so you can check back if something is on that you don't like. Hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

AnthonyAlex said...

Hey Holly, That sounds interesting! I went to check out the website. Do you have to register to listen. Is it only free for 30 days?

Anonymous said...

You may also want to check out http://www.otrcat.com which has some free old time radio shows of the day; they broadcast them the same day (so this morning I was listening to a MY FAVORITE HUSBAND valentine's day show broadcast 59 years ago today) -- quite a time trip!

The Unknown Artis said...

Boyd, thanks for the new website. I checked it out, it's a lot like radiospirits.com where my link is to. I absolutely love these old shows. On rainy days me and my class would sit around and listen when we couldn't go outside. It was a lot of fun.

Alexanders, make sure you click on the "Listen Now" button at the bottom of my blog. It should automatically begin playing the show. But if you go to the website I think you do have to register to listen, but it is always free. The 30 days you refer to is a free trial for the membership. After the 30 days you pay. But you can just listen to the free ones at anytime. The only difference is, you don't get to choose with the free ones which ones to listen to. You only listen to whatever is playing for the day. Which today is The Shadow and the Jack Benny Show. I love both of them.

~Kimberly~ said...

OOoooo...sounds like fun. WE like listening to different shows. Thanks for the site. We're going to check it out.

The Unknown Artis said...

Just remember, if you don't want to go the site and register, you can listen from my website. Just click on the Listen Now button and it automatically starts playing. Hope you all enjoy!